This Master of Translational Medicine team is shining at startup pitch competitions! Maria Artunduaga, Siobhan Rigby, and Stephanie Nemec are developing – outside of their normal MTM project curriculum – a tech-enabled service that helps COPD patients continuously monitor their blood oxygen levels.
In partnership with Ana Arias’ lab at UC Berkeley, they aim to mine the oxygen and pulse rate data for trends and flag drops in oxygen and trends that are indicative of exacerbations.
- the Social Impact lab at Yale University (Unite For Sight Global Health Innovation Conference)
- the BASES Challenge team at Stanford University
- Clinton Global Initiative University ’17 in Boston
- Big Ideas @Berkeley, where they took 3rd place in Global Health
- the Haas Seed competition, Awarded $5K
- and the Bay Area Global Health Innovation Challenge, where they are finalists