Several BioE alumni have held these positions in the past and gone on to good things!
Job Title: Post Graduate Research Associate (PGRA)
Location: Yale University – New Haven, CT.
The Bhattacharyya Lab in the Pharmacology Department at Yale University invites applications for a Postgraduate Research Associate (PGRA) position starting starting immediately and will be open until filled. Research goals of the Bhattacharyya Lab include understanding the molecular mechanism of the regulation of kinase signaling and deciphering the role of lipids in cellular signal transduction. We take an integrative approach to answer these biological questions at the molecular level. PGRA is a 2 years position, with second year renewal based on performance.
• Applicants should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a biology related field (preferable bioengineering) with prior experience in microfluidics and an interest in learning cell biology and single-molecule microscopy techniques. Recent college graduates and students who are interested in pursuing graduate school are highly encouraged to apply.
• Candidate qualifications must include prior experience in microfabrication and photolithography techniques, COMSOL, and content knowledge in microfluidics.
• Preferred qualifications include some experience with mammalian cell culturing.
• The ideal candidate will have excellent time management skills, high attention to detail, the ability to give and receive feedback, and the ability to work independently as well as in teams.
Mentoring and Training Offered
Under Prof. Moitrayee Bhattacharyya’s mentorship, the PGRA applicant will be guided through project tasks which include:
(1) Research-related tasks such as data collection, analyses, and reporting, and academic presentations.
(2) Training on cell culture techniques, TIRF and Confocal microscopy, and PDMS-based microfluidics device fabrication.
(3) Mentorship and guidance for grant writing, scientific journals, and protocols
(4) Active participation in weekly lab group and literature group meetings, and weekly one-on-one meetings with Prof. Bhattacharyya to discuss future research and career goals.
(5) Liaising with professors, students, and organizations within and outside of Yale via telephone, email, zoom, and in-person communications.
(6) Attending the Pharmacology Seminar Series, and research in progress talks with Yale staff and collaborators, keeping meeting minutes, and related tasks as needed.
Please send a resume or CV with a cover letter that includes their goals during a postgrad period of 1 year and what their current interests are beyond the postgrad period to email@example.com.
Please include in the subject line “PGRA, Your Full Name.” Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Please have at least one letter of reference available upon request. My lab strongly values diversity. We welcome students from diverse professional and personal backgrounds, irrespective of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability. We are committed to promoting equity and inclusiveness in a diverse, supportive, and collaborative environment.