The end of the semester is quickly approaching, and we hope that you are feeling confident about your progress in your classes.
If this semester has not gone as you had planned and you are struggling to keep up in your classes, please know that there are options for you.
Changing your grading option(s) (Deadline: Thursday, April 29, 11:59 p.m. PST)
- If you are currently in good standing (not on “subject to dismissal” status), you can change your grading option to P/NP (CPN) in any, or all, of your classes in CalCentral.
- Before doing so, make sure you read the FAQs about COVID-19 impacts on 2020-2021 student policies that address important policies about P/NP, such as the one-third Passed grade limit, and the impact that NP grades could have on your academic status.
- Note that there are new instructions for changing your grading option in CalCentral. They can be found at the bottom of the page here, but the quick version is: My Academics > Class Enrollment > Enrollment Center > Preferences/Switch Sections > click the class > choose option in grading basis dropdown > review and submit
Dropping course(s) late (Deadline: Friday, April 30, 11:59 p.m. PST)
- You can drop one, or more, of your classes late if you have experienced challenges due to COVID-19 or remote learning.
- Green petition: One-time late schedule change over entire undergraduate career. No extenuating circumstances.
- Blue petition: Late schedule change(s) due to extenuating circumstances. Challenges due to COVID-19 and/or remote learning are considered extenuating circumstances this semester.
Withdrawing (Deadline: Friday, May 7, 11:59 p.m. PST)
- You can withdraw from the semester (drop all of your classes).
- Please keep in mind that students who withdraw this late in the semester are required to sit out the fall semester, due to the semester-out rule.
- To submit a withdrawal request in CalCentral: My Dashboard > Student Resources > Withdrawal Form
- Please inform your ESS adviser of your intent to withdraw.
All of these deadlines are final. No late requests will be considered. If you choose any of the options above, we strongly encourage you to take action well before the deadline, just in case you experience internet connectivity or other technical issues .
As always, please reach out to your ESS adviser for support or to talk through your options.