See more at: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/22050
We seek a highly-motivated individual to pursue neural engineering research in a supportive and collaborative environment. Our goal is to advance bioelectronic medicines: electrical stimulation, block, and recording of peripheral autonomic nerves for disease treatment and restoration of function. We have an NIH-funded project to develop, validate, and apply computer-based models of electrical stimulation of the carotid sinus to treat heart failure; established, close collaborators at other institutions will conduct complementary imaging and electrophysiology experiments.
This is a full-time position with University Benefits and provides exceptional opportunities for interdisciplinary research and career development.
Job candidates must…
• Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or Computer Science
• Be a proficient programmer, including in Python, with good coding habits; experience in Matlab, NEURON, COMSOL, and / or git would be an asset
• Be familiar with neural biophysics and the fundamental principles of neural engineering
• Have research experience
• Have excellent informal and formal written and oral communication skills
• Be capable of balancing independent research progress with collaboration and team work, as appropriate
• Bring curiosity, enthusiasm, and initiative!
The Grill lab values all dimensions of diversity and believe that the best solutions to challenging problems will come from working with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences Dr. Nikki Pelot is Research Director in the Grill lab with extensive experience in advising and mentoring students and researchers. She encourages her team members to develop a sense of ownership over their project while maintaining good communication to share progress, to verbalize challenges, to brainstorm approaches, and to envision and prioritize short-term and long-term targets.