Job! Gate Bioscience is looking to hire an RA for our Functional Genomics team.
Gate Bioscience is a venture-backed biotechnology company pioneering Molecular Gates, a new class of small molecules to selectively eliminate disease-causing proteins and treat biology’s intractable diseases. Join our Functional Genomics team, where we are engineering high-throughput NGS and single-cell assays to profile and expand our therapeutic modality.
• Develop high-throughput functional genomics assays for a portfolio of small molecule therapeutics
• Evaluate, develop, optimize, and implement new technologies(including robotics) for biochemical and cell-based assays
• Provide support for multiplexing and scaling biological readouts across our broader scientific team
• Maintain familiarity with the relevant current literature and its application to small molecule therapeutics
• Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating strong prioritization and planning skills
• Effectively execute and interpret experiments in line with project timelines and goals
• Basic mammalian cell culture: standard cell lines, DNA transfection
• High-throughput bioassays: 96-well pipetting, luciferase/plate-reader
• Basic molecular biology: DNA amplification and plasmid cloning
• DNA preparation for NGS reactions
• Basic FACS staining (2-4 colors). Familiarity with instrumentation and protocols, but not necessary to design new multi-color panels
• Exceptional hands and organizational skill
• Single-cell sequencing experience is a bonus
BS/MS in molecular biology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or related fields, with 0-2+ years of relevant research experience in industry or academia. If interested, please contact email@example.com for more details.