apply to: SCOTT.GELLER@PINPOINTSCIENCE.COM
We are seeking one or two interns to join our lab team in West Berkeley, CA. The position is ideal for current students (undergrad / graduate) who want to gain additional experience in a lab/startup environment.
• Perform analytical and clinical testing (BSL1 and BSL2) with nanosensors
• Prepare buffers, analytical reagents, and dilutions
• Run R&D / validation tests on experimental and pre-clinical/clinical samples
• Provide summary of results / findings to other team members (frequency to be determined)
• Acquire new skills and integrate new technologies
• Designing and/or executing laboratory testing in line with standard testing procedures, recording observations, and interpreting findings
• Recording all experimental data and test results accurately, routinely, and often in an electronic database
• Ensuring that safety and biosafety guidelines are adhered to at all times within the laboratory
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Wet lab experience required: exceptional pipetting skills, experience / familiarity with bioconjugation, ELISAs or other related biochemical assays is important
• Experience with biomolecules such as nucleic acids, antibodies, and proteins
• Knowledge of proper and safe handling and manipulation of such molecules
• Confidently able to quickly calculate concentrations, moles, and dilutions
• Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Enjoys staying organized, and is NOT AFRAID to ask questions and learn new techniques
• Does not mind repeating experiments to demonstrate assay proficiency / consistency
• Comfortable taking notes, writing reports, and performing laboratory-related arithmetic
Experience with surface chemistry, bioconjugation on silicon, voltammetry, electrochemistry and microfluidics. Ideally suited for wet-lab biologists (molecular / cellular biology) and/or engineering students (biomedical /chemical).
Our company is still in “startup mode” but that is changing rapidly. We are developing a portable sub-60 second silicon chip based nanosensor. Our technology is based on many years of research and development at the University of California, and our putative submission to the FDA for approval / EUA is rapidly becoming a reality. Our laboratory (in West Berkeley) fosters experimentation and innovation, and our collective expertise spans a wide array of scientific disciplines including biology, chemistry, genetics and engineering, to name a few. Currently we are seeking to increase throughput and testing of our core technology. Thus, we are seeking enthusiastic, skilled, and creative laboratory interns. We will train you regarding the assays and procedures, but you do need to
have experience doing “benchwork.” If you are friendly, curious, and hard-working, please send us a resume or curriculum vitae and some information about you. Looking forward to meeting you!