The Stanford Microfluidics Foundry is recruiting an assistant/managing director, as outlined in this informal call for interested candidates. Interested candidates could include a recent undergraduate or master’s student or a PhD-level person with an interest in teaching. The duties would include:
1. Training new users on how to fabricate molding masters and PDMS devices;
2. Maintaining equipment and ordering;
3. Keeping track of usage and billing;
4. Helping teach the BIOE 301D Microfluidics Device Design course; and
5. Working with bioscience collaborators to advise/train them on how to design, fabricate, and test simple single-layer microfluidic devices.
Depending on the candidate, the position could include:
1. Working on an independent project; and
2. Helping develop a new companion hands-on lab class for undergraduates using 3D printing to fabricate molds instead of photolithography.
For more information, please contact Prof. Polly Fordyce, Ph.D. at Stanford University: email@example.com