For over 32 years HCC has inspired and empowered the next generation of diverse health and professionals. Through our paid, 10 week, full-time internship program with leading health care and public health employers interns are provided an educational stipend and have the unique opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on exposure and experience
- Strengthen their network
- Discover or affirm their health career direction
- Find mentors
- Develop professional skills
- Secure jobs (70% are offered a full-time job or extended internship)
- Increase competitiveness for graduate education (Public Health, Medicine, Mental Health, and Business)
To ensure safe experiences for students during the COVID-19 pandemic, HCC works with host organizations to provide in-person, hybrid, or virtual internships that comply with health regulations.
For those students looking for a part-time or fully remote opportunity, be sure to check out our Health Equity Scholars program. The same application is be used to apply to this program.
HCC is open to all undergraduate students and recent graduates. We are open to all students and strongly encourage BIPOC students, first-generation students, and those from economically challenged and underserved backgrounds to apply.