At Ananya Health, we build affordable, appropriate medical technologies to address the biggest issues in global public health. We are seeking a passionate undergraduate engineering student for a part-time Research and Development Internship to collaborate with our onsite team in San Francisco (Potrero Hill / Mission Bay).
You will support the development of our flagship hardware product — a portable, battery-powered cryoablation device to treat cervical pre-cancer. You will conduct benchtop freeze testing on preclinical models, build fixtures, evaluate battery performance, and learn techniques / maintenance specific to the heating ventilation air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) field. This will be an exciting hands-on experience with exposure to product development processes, such as quality / regulatory systems, manufacturing, and IP.
– Work with our Engineering Team to conduct testing using existing protocols and / or developing new test methods and protocols as needed
– Support mechanical design and prototyping
– Assist in drafting of manufacturing procedures
– Follow Good Documentation Practices for recording notes, materials, parts used, drawings, tests, and results Preferred Skills
– Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree, junior or senior standing
– Electrical, biomedical, or mechanical engineering or similar
– Experience in mechanical design, machining, electronics, and/or research
– Previous experience with air conditioning / refrigeration systems is a plus
– Active communication in technical discussions and willingness to collaborate
– Detail-oriented written and organizational skills
– Ability to work independently