Friday April 23, 2021
1:00 – 3:00 PM
Online in a virtual event space!
Introducing UC Berkeley students of all levels and backgrounds to opportunities in Biotech and Medtech
Bio-Tech Connect is the “Not A Career Fair” of career fairs. No speakers, no need to have an immediate job opening, just the top talent of UC Berkeley and biotech employers at the largest biomedical industry event on campus.
RSVP here by April 16
Local companies large and small will assemble for informal networking with UC Berkeley students of all levels and majors interested in biotech-related fields. This is a great opportunity to check out the fantastic talent that will shortly be on the job market and forge deeper connections with Berkeley’s top-ranked BioE department.
- In our customized virtual world, each company will have its own casual interaction space with their logo, and display areas for documents, flyers, videos.
- Representatives can talk live through audio and video with anyone and everyone in their space, in small groups or privately.
- Some small private meeting areas are available around the main space.
- Attendees interact through audio and video and navigate by moving avatars around the event space.
- Student ambassadors will be available online to help with any issues.
Suggested donation is $250, free to startups that have not (yet) raised Series A funding, and to members of our Bioengineering Career Partners program.
We expect the greatest number of students to be advanced undergraduate and masters students, as well as some doctoral candidates. They are eager to learn about local companies and start planning their careers. We encourage your company to consider sending a technical or management employee, or Cal alumnus, in lieu of/in addition to an HR recruiter, to share their perspective with students.
Contact Pam Reynolds with any questions –
Meet representatives from local biotech companies, large and small! All majors and levels welcome – early undergrad to PhD. Not a career fair – some will be hiring, some just want to meet you. Have a PDF of your resume if you’re job searching and meet some awesome companies.
10x Genomics, Bayer Pharmaceuticals Biotechnology, BD Biosciences, Berkeley Lights, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Clara Foods, Mantra Bio, Nanomix, Natera, Nextbiotics, Novome Biotechnologies, Plant Response, Protein Fluidics, PuraCath Medical, Roche, Synvivia, Triplebar Bio…
Hosted by the Department of Bioengineering and the Bioengineering Honor Society.